Rules & Policies
Please read Lake Moc A Tek Campground's rules and policies below.
LAKE MOC-A-TEK CAMPGROUND
2017 Rules & Policies
- QUIET HOURS: 11PM to 8AM. Voices, Televisions, Radios, Musical Instruments, etc… must be kept at a low volume during quiet hours. Please respect our campers who wish to get a good night’s sleep free from loud and disturbing noise.
- SPEED LIMIT: 10 MPH. This is slower than you think so PLEASE watch your speedometer – PROTECT OUR CHILDREN.
- CLOSED AREAS: Campers and guests shall not enter closed areas or other campsites without permission.
- CHILDREN’S CONDUCT: Parents are responsible for their Children’s conduct and will be held liable for any damages they cause. BULLIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and will be permanently banned from Campground property! CHILDREN WHO CAUSE DISTURBANCES BETWEEN 11PM & 8AM ARE SUBJECT TO A PERMANENT CURFEW DURING THESE HOURS.
- GUESTS: Each site is allowed up to 4 guests free of charge at any time. Additional guests will be charged $5 each for daily visits or $10 each for overnight visits. Seasonal site holders are responsible for their guest’s behavior and demeanor. Inappropriate behavior by campers or their guests may result in cancellation of the camping permit.
- WEAPONS: Weapons are strictly prohibited on Campground property. Law enforcement officers are excluded from this policy.
- PET POLICY: LAKE MOC-A-TEK CAMPGROUND IS PET FRIENDLY. ALL PETS OWNERS MUST COMPLY WITH THE 2017 PET POLICY. NON-COMPLIANCE WILL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE AND PERMANENT REMOVAL OF THE PET.
- TRASH: Campground dumpsters are for campers use only. Absolutely no trash other than table scraps/household garbage from your trailer may be deposited in the dumpsters – no large or bulky items such as appliances, grills, chairs, tables, large boxes, propane tanks, tires, building materials, batteries, mattresses, bikes, etc… Trash must be bagged and placed inside the dumpsters. Do not place any trash on the ground. Campers who fail to comply will lose their dumpster privileges and must remove their trash from Campground at their own expense.
- VEHICLES: Motorized vehicles operated on Campground property must be legally licensed, registered and insured. Operators must possess a valid driver’s license. Auto repair including oil change is strictly prohibited on Campground property.
- WASHING CARS: Washing cars or trucks on Campground property is prohibited. An automated car wash is located 3 miles away.
- GOLF CARTS: Golf cart use is limited and only permitted to operators who possess a valid Handicapped Placard. Campers who qualify for golf cart use must maintain liability insurance on the golf cart at all times the golf cart is on Campground property.
- Non-RV TRAILER PARKING: Trailers containing boats or other material or objects must park in designated areas and not at camp sites. The seasonal fee to store trailered boats at Campground during the regular season is $150.00. An additional $150.00 winter boat storage fee is assessed during the off season and payable by October 1st.
- BICYCLES & SKATEBOARDS: Bicycles and skateboards are permitted. Pennsylvania law requires children under 12 to wear a helmet. Children under 18 may not operate bicycles on the paved road between the campground entrance and office/store building. Observe the 10 MPH speed limit at all times. Bicycles & skateboards must have a working light if operated after dark.
- LAKE RULES: Camper’s watercraft are not permitted on Lake Moc-A-Tek. The Campground has 12 rowboats available for rent. Campground boats are rented one day at a time and must return to shore by sundown and equipment returned to the office/store before dark. A PA Fishing License is required for anglers over 15 years old. Swimming in the lake is prohibited.
- INDIVIDUAL SITE MAINTENANCE: Campground maintains all common areas. Seasonal campers are responsible to maintain their individual site including mowing grass. Campers may borrow the community lawn mower which is kept at the office/store. Washing trailers/campers is allowed and encouraged. Moss & mildew growth on trailers/campers will not be tolerated.
- RAKED LEAVES: All raked leaves must be deposited on the burn pile in the field below the dumpster.
- DRAINAGE DITCH: There is a drainage ditch which runs parallel to the lake between the campground property and the old racetrack property and continues to the swamp. This ditch is designed to divert storm water away from campsites and must remain clear. Depositing leaves, grass clippings, etc. in this drainage ditch will cause flooding to campsites below the ditch.
______ INITIALS OF PERSON RENTING THE SITE
- FIREWOOD: Due to the recent spread of the Emerald Ash Borer and the Asian Longhorn Beetle, the state of Pennsylvania and the US Forestry Department regulates the movement of firewood across state and county lines. We all share the responsibility of keeping our campground safe from the damage that these pests are capable of. Please purchase your firewood from our campground store or local suppliers. Additionally, please be advised that chainsaw use is prohibited on campground property.
- PROPER SEWER HOOK-UP PROCEDURES: RV holding tanks must remain closed to collect waste water. Empty the tanks only when they reach at least ½ full and immediately close them again when empty. To allow for proper drainage in the underground sewer line, always empty the black water tank first followed immediately by the grey tank. Leaving holding tank drains open promotes costly holding tank repairs to the RV, plugged sewer lines and inconveniences all campers connected to the effected sewer line. Human waste, water and toilet paper are the only items allowed to be discharged into the sewer system. Items such as washcloths, handi-wipes, tampons, birth control items, etc. are prohibited because they clog sewer lines which can be very expensive to repair. Please help us control future rate increases by strictly adhering to these proper sewer procedures.
- WASTE WATER: It is illegal to discharge any type of waste water on the ground. Violations can result in costly fines from the DEP. Waste water from sites without sewer hook-ups must be collected in a holding tank and deposited at the dump station.
- SITE USAGE: Subletting of campsite is not allowed. If a permit holder allows a guest to use their site, they must notify Campground management in advance. Please note that tents are not permitted on RV sites. Tent sites are available for rent and are located between the old pavilion and office/store.
- EXTERNAL STRUCTURES: Decks, sheds and Dura-Built sunrooms, screen rooms and awnings are allowed. Plans must be pre-approved by Campground management. External structures must not be built over electrical or water lines. External structures that restrict access to underground service lines requiring emergency repairs will be removed at the owner’s expense. Existing sunrooms have been “grandfathered” as long as they are properly maintained in good condition. “Grandfathered” sunrooms must be removed when existing owners vacate their site. These structures may not be sold or transferred for use on Campground property. For more information on Dura-Built products, please inquire at the campground office.
- EXTERNAL REFRIGERAT0RS/ELECTRIC SPACE HEATERS/ELECTRIC WATER HEATERS: These appliances use excessive levels of electricity that is not covered by your campsite rate and are therefore prohibited from use. Campers found using any of these appliances will incur an immediate rate increase of $500 per season. This rate adjustment will not be pro-rated. Campsites with electric meters are exempt from this policy.
- NO PARKING AREA: Do not block access to the sewage dump station. Campers must have access to dump station 24 hrs. a day.
- POOL SUPERVISION: The swimming pool enclosure has an automatic closing / self latching gate to prevent children from entering the pool area unsupervised. Children must be at least 14 years old to be inside the pool gate and to swim without adult supervision. Children under 14 years old must have adult supervision by someone at least 18 years of age. Additional regulations are posted at the pool. Pool users who do not comply with pool rules, policies and regulations risk losing their pool privileges.
- PERSONAL WADING POOLS: Children’s personal wading pools are prohibited to use at the campground.
- OFF LIMITS: Please be advised that the old Moc-A-Tek Speedway, the spillway, the area beyond the spillway and the swamp area are off limits for safety reasons. This property is privately owned and not part of the campground. Trespassing is prohibited.
Lake Moc-A-Tek Campground is NOT RESPONSIBLE for damages caused by fire, snow, water or collisions, or loss caused from theft, mischief or misuse of equipment, to any trailer, camper, vehicle, boat or other personal property. Please ensure that you have adequate insurance to cover any and all
Claims. Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who does not comply with these Rules & Policies.
MY SIGNATURE BELOW INDICATES THAT I UNDERSTAND LAKE MOC-A-TEK CAMPGROUND’S RULES & POLICIES CONTAINED HEREIN AND THAT I WILL SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH ALL ADULTS AND CHILDREN IN MY PARTY. I FURTHER AGREE THAT NON-COMPLIANCE FROM ANY MEMBER OF MY PARTY MAY BE CAUSE FOR CANCELLATION OF MY CAMPING PERMIT WITHOUT ANY MONETARY REFUND.
Date:___/___/____ Site #:_______ Print Name:____________________ Signature:____________________
For a printable version, please click here.